Precautionary items and usage limitations
CAUTION: To clean the band of your watch
For all types of band
- Please request adjustment or repair of the band in the following cases:
- Do not wear the band too tightly. Try to leave enough space between the band and your skin to allow adequate ventilation.
You notice an abnormality with the band due to corrosion.
The pin of the band is protruding.
- Leather bands will deteriorate over time due to perspiration dirt.
Because of the natural materials, leather band will be worn, deformed, and discolored over time.
It is recommended to replace the band periodically.
- The durability of a leather band may be affected when wet (fading, peeling of adhesive), owing to the properties of the material.
Moreover, wet leather may cause a rash.
- Do not stain a leather band with substances containing volatile materials, bleach, alcohol (including cosmetics).
Discoloration and premature aging may be occurred.
Ultraviolet light such as direct sunlight may cause discoloration or deformation.
- It is recommended to take off the watch if it gets wet, even if the watch itself is water-resistant.
Rubber (urethane) bands
- Rubber (urethane) bands will deteriorate over time due to perspiration dirt.
- The rubber (urethane) band may be stained by dyes or soil present in or on clothing or other accessories.
Since these stains may not be removable, caution is required when wearing your watch with items that tend to easily transfer color (articles of clothing, purses, etc.).
In addition, the band may be deteriorated by solvents or moisture in the air.
Replace with a new one when it has lost elasticity or become cracked.
Related articlesDo not adjust band length yourself
Next:CAUTION: DO NOT use your watch in excessively high or low temperature