Charging your watch
For efficient charging
This watch has a solar cell under the dial and stores the power generated by the cell in its built-in rechargeable cell.
The cell is charged by exposing the dial to light such as direct sunlight or fluorescent lamps.
For optimal performance, be sure to:
- Put the watch in a location where the dial is exposed to bright light such as by the window even when it is not used.
- Expose its dial to direct sunlight for 5 or 6 hours at least every month.
- Avoid leaving it in dark places for long periods of time.
- Do not charge the watch at a high temperature (about 60°C (140°F) or higher) as doing so may cause movement malfunction.
- If the watch is obscured from light by long sleeves frequently, supplemental charging may be needed to ensure continual operation.
The watch stops charging automatically after finishing (overcharging prevention function).
The function prevents damage to performance of the watch and rechargeable cell due to overcharging.